The 300-hour yoga teacher training is structured to advance and reinforce your basic understanding and practice of yoga. You will be instructed in the teaching methodology for asana (physical postures), pranayama (breath control) and dhyana (meditation). The classes will build on your existing skills in the various postures, teaching and meditation techniques, which will be deepen your own practice and enrich your experience. You will also study Sanskrit, philosophy and anatomy.
The 300 hour training curriculum also provides introduction to other disciplines related to yoga, like astrology, NLP, Ayurveda, healing, energy work and tantra. You can find a path that compliments your yoga training and explore it deeper, making it your own passion. The 500 hour certification program is also a very intensive journey into the depth of your own personality and being. You will be examining your attitudes and judgments and challenging your basic beliefs.
Many workshops are included in the program to expand your knowledge and introduce you to developing your own creativity. At the end of the program, the students will be asked to design a workshop for presentation as their final assignment.
As a yoga teacher you will need specific advanced skills and so the 300 hour YTT is designed to fulfill those needs.
• An in-depth study of Yoga Sutra and Vedanta will enable you to enhance your knowledge and understanding of the philosophy and practice of yoga. You will be taught to identify body types and the capacity of the individuals who adopt yogic practice.
• Human anatomy and physiology and their correlation to yogic practices, mantra chanting and basic energetic principles in yoga, and other areas where you will be able to sharpen and polish your skills as a future teacher.
• One other important aspect that is covered in the course, is the study of ethical guidelines that a yoga teacher must accomplish in order to maintain a better student- teacher relationship.
- Learning, practice, and teaching methodology of asana, pranayama and meditation.
- Study of Yoga Sutras and Vedanta for a deeper understanding of yogic philosophy & practices.
- Study of general human anatomy-physiology and its application to yogic practices.
- Ethical guidelines for a yoga teacher to have a better student- teacher relationship.
- Mantra chanting and principles of breathing.
Techniques Training/ Practice 150 hrs
Consists of intense practice to train the body, build endurance, and observe the mind. The practice becomes less and less guided in the progress of the training. You become less dependent on someone else and learn to trust yourself. The best part: blindfold practice and blindfold teaching to surrender the mind to the pure energy of movement. Teaching methodology looks into the principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student’s process of learning and business aspects of teaching yoga.
Anatomy and Physiology goes deeper into the anatomy of the human body, how it works and it’s application to yoga. We explore the bodily systems, organs, etc. and energy channels and how they are affected in the practice of asanas. Lectures are focused on meridians, nadis, chakras and other energy centers, not only from Ayurveda but from other alternative practices as well- acupuncture, Chinese medicine, Tai Chi, Reiki, massage and many more.
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers
Deepens your understanding of yoga philosophy, it includes the study of yoga philosophies, yoga lifestyle and ethics for yoga teachers.
The Certification also includes:
Bundhas, Pranayama and Kriyas Energy channels and energy work Daily meditation
Blindfolded and self-lead practice Alignment
Introduction to Massage and Body Work Introduction to Astrology
Introduction to Tantra
Introduction to Dance Therapy Introduction to NLP
Introduction to Transcendental Meditation
• 07:50 am – Herbal Tea
• 08:00 am to 09:30 am – Yoga Practice/ Pranayama with Bandhas • 09:30 am to 10:00 am – Meditation
• 10:00 am to 10:30 am – Breakfast- oatmeal with fruit- provided
• 10:30 am to12:15 pm – Asana: review, variations, adjustment and alignment
• 12:15 pm -1:45 pm – Lunch Break (bring your lunch or visit local cafes)
• 1:45 to 04:00 pm – Philosophy/Anatomy/Specialty Workshops
• 04:00 to 5:30 pm – Karma Yoga/ Self- study
• 06:15 to 07:30 pm – Yoga Practice/ Class Observation/ Assisting
FREE UNLIMITED CLASSES WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR ANY YOGA TRAINING CERTIFICATION
* Certification Program Policy: Fees are non-refundable after training program has begun. Missed classes must be made up privately with instructor.