The 200 hour Atmananda Certificate Program is certified by Yoga Alliance. Trainees learn a Hatha/Vinyasa style of Yoga. The program is for both aspiring teachers and for those who just wish to deepen their personal practice. Upon completion, graduates will receive a Yoga Alliance certified diploma that will allow graduates to teach at Atmananda as well as globally. We recognize the busy lives that our students live off the mat and try our best to fit our schedule to yours. Atmandanda Teacher training is more than simply learning the asanas. We realize the power of developing your confidence and mastering the art of communication. These are skills that we want our teachers to possess both inside and outside of the yoga studio. From day one we develop these skills taking turns leading fellow students through sun salutations, standing poses, inversions, seated sequences and short meditation sessions.
What you will get from our program:
- Your personal practice have will greatly deepen .
- You will be qualified to register with the Yoga Alliance at the 200-hour level. Additionally you will be eligible for 500-hour and advanced trainings.
- You will have the ability to confidently stand up in front of students anywhere and offer a meaningful and safe yoga class.
- You will join the growing group of Atmananda teachers in New York City and around the globe, where you can find friendship, support and teaching opportunities.
Our teachers are committed to helping you reach your fullest potential. Constructive feedback is the greatest gift your can receive as you refine your teaching skills and deepen your personal practice. We are there adjusting and instructing you every step of the way
- Asana focus on standing poses, forward bends, twists, backbends, inversions, and balances, including assists and adjustments
- Asana alignment
- The art of Teaching, including beginner classes
- Physical and energetic Anatomy
- Study of Sanskrit and ancient yogic and Hindu scriptures
- Communication Exercises
- Nutrition and Lifestyle
FREE UNLIMITED CLASSES WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR ANY YOGA TRAINING CERTIFICATION
• 07:50 am – Herbal Tea
• 08:00 am to 09:30 am – Yoga Practice/ Pranayama with Bandhas • 09:30 am to 10:00 am – Meditation
• 10:00 am to 10:30 am – Breakfast- oatmeal with fruit- provided
• 10:30 am to12:15 pm – Asana: review, variations, adjustment and alignment
• 12:15 pm -1:45 pm – Lunch Break (bring your lunch or visit local cafes)
• 1:45 to 04:00 pm – Philosophy/Anatomy/Specialty Workshops
• 04:00 to 5:30 pm – Karma Yoga/ Self- study
• 06:15 to 07:30 pm – Yoga Practice/ Class Observation/ Assisting
2o13 Teacher Training Dates
May 6th – 24th
June 10th – 28th
July 1st – 19th
September 23rd – Oct 11th
November 4th – 22nd
August 5th – 30th
* Certification Program Policy: Fees are non-refundable after training program has begun. Missed classes must be made up privately with instructor.